Access Statement for Town End Farm Cottage
Eastfield Road , Pickering, YO18 7HU
- Town End Farm Cottage is a brick built property facing south next door to Town End Farm which is no longer a working farm. The Cottage is situated well back from the Scarborough/ Pickering Road the A170 on the outskirts of Pickering, a mere 10 minute walk into the town centre.
- The property has its own website which is easily accessible by using the link http://www.townendfarmholidays.co.uk/
- Booking enquiries can be made by letter, e-mail or telephone, 01751 472713.
- All guests are provided with written directions to the Cottage before arrival.
- Nearest bus stop is on Eastgate, approx. 2 minute walk from property.
- The nearest Rail Service is 8 miles away at Malton.
- Taxi services are available in Pickering, contact numbers for these can be located in the Cottage, on the notice board.
- This access statement is available in the cottage.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- Town End Farm Cottage has its own parking space for two vehicles.
- These are situated only a few steps from the rear door of the property.
- Arrival after 2pm please.
- Security lights are at front and rear of property. There is also an outside light which is operated by a manual switch in the entrance.
- Main Entrance and Reception
- The main entrance to the Cottage is the back doorway, this is 198cmhigh by 80cm wide , with the hinge on the right. The Yale keyhole is 138cm from the ground.
- Fractionally raised stone step into back entrance.
- Back door leads to entrance hallway, ideal for boots and coats.
- From hallway door, which is 190cm high by 76cm wide, this leads to the kitchen.
- The electric meter is situated in the hallway and is 188cm from the floor.
Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- Main Sitting Room with comfortable seating space for 6 people, remote control television, DVD player, Freeview Digibox.
- In main Sitting Room brick fireplace with electric fire.
- Snug / Dining Room with television, brick fire place with electric fire, and a dining table.
- Doorways between rooms approximately 191cm by 78cm.
- Front door is 188cm by 83cm.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area
- To the right of the Back main entrance is a utility room with front loading washing machine.
- A rotary washing line is available at the side of the cottage.
- Tumble dryer is available in outhouse at side of cottage if required.
- Exiting from the front entrance is a paved pathway, which leads to the Garden Room with a patio area.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
Clubs & Entertainment
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- The Cottage is a three bedroom property. Main front facing bedroom has double bed, bed is 66cm high from floor. Second bedroom is front facing with double bed, 68cm high. Third back facing bedroom is a twin bedded room, beds are 55cm high and also has wash basin 77cm high from floor.
- Upstairs doorways to bedrooms are approximately 186cm by 74cm.
- All bedrooms are carpeted, all bedding is poly cotton with both feather and non-feather pillows. All beds have duvets and extra blankets are available.
- Cot available on request.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
- Two toilets. Upstairs bathroom has toilet, shower over bath, wash basin.
- Toilet is 40cm high and 23cm from wall. Wash basin is 88cm high from floor. Bath is 54cm high.
- Toilet outside property, next to back entrance has toilet 40cm high and 66cm from left and 94cm from right of the wall also with wash basin 85cm high.
- The kitchen sink is 92cm high from floor level.
- Electric cooker, with oven door opens downwards. Extractor above cooker is 180cm high. Grill incorporated into oven compartment.
- Kitchen table accommodates 6 persons, there are also toaster, microwave, kettle, fridge with freezer box.
- Kitchen equipped with fire blanket which is located in window above sink.
- Kitchen is lit by spot light and fluorescent strip light. Crockery and utensils provided.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats - Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc
Grounds and Gardens
- A large garden to the front and side of the cottage.
- From the Back entrance across the parking area, there is a patio with bench seat, chair and table. Through a gate from there is an area with a pond, plants and goldfish. The pond is fenced off with two gates which can be locked if required. Please do inform us if this is necessary.
- Barbeque is available for visitors use.
- Caution, some of the patio paving stones are uneven, please take care when walking.
- Leaflets and information in the Snug / Dining Room.
- We do accept smokers but please use outside area or Garden Room.
- Pets are welcome, please inform us on booking.
- If possible, please do not leave your pets unattended in property for long period of time.
Mrs. Christine Fenwick
Town End Farm
Hours of operation
Open all year.
No structural changes pending.